Friday, June 28, 2019

Patio Wraps, a French finish

Here we are at the start of summer:  I don't know about you, but I was wondering if it was ever going to make it!  Things have been ticking along in my crafty world, though I have been on a bit of a social media break the last few months.  I will flit in here and there on various platforms, but actually enjoyed feeling like I don't have to "keep up" anywhere. 


I have been doing a LOT of cross stitching during  the past three months.  Oh, I'm so happy to be back into it!  Most of what I have worked on are still incomplete:  usually I only like to show my finishes, but I think that will have to change if I want semi-regular blog content!  I participated in Stitch Maynia this year:  I had fourteen new starts and love every one of them.  I was happy to get back to my regular works-in-progress at the end of the month though.

One thing I did finish was this sweet design above from Danybrod.  Bluet, Marguerite, Coquelicot.  The flowers are just so summery, and each colour represents the stripes on the French flag.  A perfect stitch in anticipation of our trip to France next month!

Crochet has taken a back seat to my cross stitching this year.  I think I may have burnt myself out on it from the two years where that's all I wanted to do. It bothers my shoulder as well, so a break is probably a good thing.   I even considered selling off my yarn stash:  thankfully I realized that was just the gremlins talking and instead just boxed it up to keep the dust off of it.  One day I will get it all out again and it will be like the best yarny Christmas ever!

I  do try to keep just one crochet project on the go:  I pick it up occassionally and put in a few stitches.  No deadlines for finishing and slowly, slowly things come to completion.


I call these Porch and Patio wraps.  They are made from easy care, washable acrylic yarn;  perfect for early morning coffee on the patio or late night sitting by a camp fire.  The pattern is really easy and mindless, but I think the finished piece looks more complicated than it is.  I used two skeins of Caron Big Cakes for each shawl:  'Nightberry' for the shawl on the left and 'Blue Hawaiian' for the shawl on the right.  You can find the pattern here: https://thecrochetcrowd.com/crochet-2-cake-shawl-pattern/

I hope your summer is swell:  thanks for visiting☺.

Happy days,
Jenn

3 comments:

Becki said...

I like your thought process about your yarn stash. I'm going through something (about my yarn collection) the last few months that I hope resolves soon. I love that you switch from time to time between crafts. I may begin following suit. I love seeing all you create, Jenn. You inspired me. Thanks for the link to that very pretty pattern - going to check it out. Also going to check out your latest youtube video. I've been completely distracted this week with other things and haven't watched it yet. I hope you have a great summer, too!

Jenn M said...

Becki you are so kind: you inspire me with your makes as well! I wish I could be a little more disciplined about how I approach my making: my normal is to be completely swept up in whatever crafty wind blows! If I feel I need to quilt, then that's all I want to do. Same with everything else. I guess I like that feeling of being consumed by something. Oh well, you are who you are as my great, great aunt used to say!

Carol said...

So nice to see your newest post, Jenn! And that is wonderful that you are getting back into stitching again (since that is the only craft I do :) Your Danybrod pillow is so lovely with the red, white, and blue flowers. I really should take a closer look at her pretty designs.

And I love your color combinations in both blankets. I hope you'll be able to continue all of your crafts without shoulder issues. I'm still dealing with off and on wrist/thumb pain. I think typing on this keyboard really makes it worse :(

Happy July to you!

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like