Sunday, April 7, 2019

I finally got glasses....

..and now I can stitch again!  I can't tell you how excited I am about that, so needless to say I have been cross stitching like crazy these past few weeks.

I finished stitching up three projects:


Stitching Friends by SubRosa Design on Etsy.  I changed the colours and the placement of the letterimg.  I love the little mice but my family does not!  The extra large sewing implements make them uneasy apparently.


Winter Stamp, a kit by Vervaco.  This almost got put away for the year because I didn't want to stitch anything more with winter.  However, it was the bright crocus and sweet snowdrops that kept me stitching, and I am so glad I did!  I just love the colours and those two sweet little chickadees.  This is one part of a seasonal series and I would love to stitch them all, however the only place I can find them now is in the UK.  I am also taking part in Stitch From Stash again this year, and so far have not done too badly.  Best not get off track with an impulsive mail order purchase!

This last picture was my oldest work in progress, and also the first kit I ever purchased.  I started this close to three years ago and it is nice to have it completed.  I found the frame at the thrift store the same day I finished stitching, so it was nice to be able to fully finish it right away.


Butterfly Scene by Creative Accents/Dimensions.

Being able to stitch again has really brought my stitching bug back.  I recently had a birthday and asked for cross stitch kits of course!  My kids gifted me some lovely ones, and I have started one and am setting up for another.


I also treated myself to some pretty new scissors, so I will be one happy/busy stitcher for a while!


Thanks for visiting!
xo  Jenn



3 comments:

Becki said...

So glad to see your cross stitched pretties. LOL that your family is uneasy with the mice and their sewing implements. The implements look to be the perfect size for the mice to me!

I was hoping to see a picture of you in your new specs. Are they only for close-up work? I am nearsighted and even though I have progressive lenses, I find I need to take my glasses off in order to see crisp enough for something like sewing and often for crochet and knitting.

I remember when you first mentioned the butterfly picture - you got the kit at Walmart, I think. And I was amazed. Our Walmart doesn't carry anything nearly that cute. I looked. And they definitely don't. The frame you got for it works perfectly.

Hope you have a great week, Jenn!

Carol said...

I'm with you, Jenn--I love those darling mice! And good for you for getting some older projects finished up. I'm making myself finish a sampler that I began five years ago... sigh! Almost there :) Glad your new glasses will help you stitch even more, too! Looks like you got three lovely kits that will keep you busy for a long time--enjoy!

Robin in Virginia said...

Somehow I missed this post! Glad to see you back and that your stitch bug has returned. What super things you shared in your to be stitched return!

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like