Monday, January 14, 2019

New Year Stitching

Happy Monday!

  I wanted to show some of my recent stitching finishes.  Last year I hardly did any cross stitching:  eight finished pieces in total and five of those were smalls.  Let's hope 2019 has a little more balance between my hooks and needles.


My first finish has been in the works for almost two years.  I only stitched on it on Sundays:  pretty consistently for the first year and hardly at all the second.  I joined a Stitch from Stash facebook group again, only this time my budget is zero, so the only credits I get will be for completing a project.  I figured this was the best way to get some of those languishing projects out into the light of day!
  During the Christmas holidays I put the finishing touches on this English Sampler by Sandy Orton.
The original design has all sorts of white work and drawn thread work at the bottom.  I wasn't interested in doing that, but I did have a lovely piece of crocheted lace I tacked on instead.  The frame came from the thrift store and is the most perfect size I think!

My next finish is ' by The Drawn Thread.  I knew I wanted a different kind of finish for this one, and was inspired by the super talented Priscilla Blain.  I glued the design onto mat board and put it on a wreath decorated with wintery picks and ribbon from Michaels.  This design is one of four seasonal ones, so I would love to stitch up the rest and display them the same way.


This last design was a kit gifted to me in a Christmas swap.  The picture is printed onto the aida fabric, and the only stitching to do is some accent cross stitch and french knots.  I have never done anything like this before but it was a lot of fun.


Blackthorn Fairy


Thanks for joining me today!

1 comment:

Becki said...

Your sampler is stunning. I thought you had done the bottom part with white thread until I read further. Using lace is such a great idea. I love the contrast of the white at the bottom. And that pre-printed picture that you cross stitch onto is so pretty! That does sound like fun. And your welcome banner on the wreath - what a great idea. I've never considered cross stitching something to attach to a wreath, but now you've got me thinking... That is really lovely. Jenn.

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like