Monday, January 21, 2019

Last Week in the Craft Room...

One good thing about these cold temperatures is I try to stay warm by being busy!

Last week I started turning my stack of crocheted snowflakes


Into a stack of blanket squares:


Only fifteen more to go!

I tried my hand at acrylic paint pouring:


I had more success with the green and yellow ones.  The red and orange were my first attempts, but I would like to re-do them.  It is a pretty addicting, though messy, process!

Something else I have been wanting to try is to tea/coffee dye fabric.  I got a lovely new cross stitch chart for Christmas that I feel needs to be stitched on something that looks like aged parchment.  I also put some previously dyed pieces of evenweave in the pot to see how they would turn out.


I followed this tutorial by Vonna Pfeiffer of The Twisted Stitcher.



I am quite pleased with the results, but I could use more practice to get more mottling in the fabric. 

We had some empty Illy coffee cannisters hanging around:  I hate to put them in recycling because they are a great size for pantry goods.  I got out my scrapbook supplies and had a fun time cutting and pasting pretty papers onto them.



And finally, a small cross stitch finish:


I am using my DMC Coloris threads to stitch up these little month blocks.  The patterns are from the Palko-lap blog.  I am not sure how I will finish these as they are quite small, but the right idea will come along eventually

The weather will be even colder this week, so I have hooks and needles at the ready!

Thanks for visiting!


2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Sweet cross stitch block! I really like the thread color you used. How did you like stitching with the Coloris thread? Well done on your fabric dyeing!

Jenn M said...

Thank you! I would have to say I don't love the Coloris threads. For these little projects I think they are OK, but I don't really care for the abrupt colour changes. I do have some other small patterns to try, so it would be nice to use it up.

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like