Sunday, February 2, 2014

Flower Pot Holder

Well it certainly has been a hooky weekend for me!  I spent all day yesterday working on this potholder.


I used up quite a bit of left-over cotton yarn from my stash so that feels good.  Because this isn't the thin cotton yarn, this pot holder is BIG:  ten inches across the middle so it will protect the counter from a large pot!

I got the first bit of inspiration on Pinterest, where I found these pot holders in two lovely colour ways from this blog.  She used this pattern from Crochet With Raymond.  I have been spending far too much time on Pinterest lately, but it's so hard to stay away when there's so many great ideas out there!

Today I am hoping to put out a few little decorations for Valentine's Day.  It snowed so much yesterday and is quite gloomy again today so I feel a little colour is needed around here.  I would have loved to make this pot holder with different shades of pink, but I don't have any left.  I think I'll put this one away for now and bring it out closer to Spring.  Now I'm going to put my crochet hooks away for a bit and switch to some cross stitching I think.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Jenn

4 comments:

mrs. smythe said...

So pretty!

Unknown said...

I love that potholder! If I get fed up with my hexie flower blanket, I know how to repurpose the hexies... ;-) I think that would make a lovely gift! Chrissie x

Brigitte said...

Ohhh, it looks really great, and I love the colours you used.

Unknown said...

Just found you through "My rose valley".
You really have a nice blog.

You are a very busy bee.
I like your pictures, they are made with lots of eye-winking.
(don't know whether this word got lost in translation)

I you would like to win Willie whale of a dog-purse, feel free to have a peek:
http://homeiswherethedachshundis.blogspot.be/2014/02/giveaway-willie-whale-and-pocheke.html

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like