Sunday, March 3, 2019

Hoopla

I was going through my fabric the other day, mixing and matching to make some little project bags.  I found a few print collections I just love, but for different reasons they will not be made into project bags.  Also in my craft stash is a rather large collection of wooden embroidery hoops:  for several years I picked these up whenever I saw them at the thrift store.  So, pretty fabric + wooden hoops = some new wall decorations.

I have always loved these laundry day prints:  I actually have made a project bag from some of these, but there was enough left over for three hoops to hang in my laundry room.


 Aren't those little irons just the cutest?! I painted the hoops with some chalk paint to coordinate.

These sewing room prints were too cute to have sitting in the closet, so now they will sit on my craft room wall.


This one is an embroidered piece I found at the thrift store.  The colours are so beautiful, and I LOVE anything with flowers.  It may have been intended as a cushion cover:  the design looks like it was supposed to form a square, but it gets more crooked as the ribbon embroidery was worked outward. I thought this was a good solution so it can be displayed, but I won't have that niggling little voice pointing out its crookedness.  Those colours are really cheering me up in these pre-Spring
days!


Thanks for visiting!
Xo Jenn







2 comments:

Carol said...

Oh, those laundry themed fabrics are adorable! They look so cute in the painted hoops, Jenn! And your saved embroidery piece looks wonderful in the hoop, too--very creative solution!

Becki said...

So cute! I love the fabric in the hoops, but oh my... that embroidered piece is amazing. What gorgeous flowers.

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like