Tuesday, May 31, 2016

May??

Wow; that was a fast one!  I haven't had such a crazy month in a long time!  



First of all, thank you all so much for the quilt love.  After such a frustrating experience it was nice to get your positive and encouraging comments.  I was able to deliver the quilt in person and the recipient loved it, so that was a huge relief in the end.  

The last time I published a post was the first day our house went on the market.  I am happy to report that three days later it sold!  Pretty much what every seller hopes for.  Mr. Crafty World and I spent last week looking for a new home in our new town.  It was a little on the stressful side as most of what we wanted to see sold just a few days before we got there. We finally did find a lovely home in a smaller town that we are both pretty happy about.  We will be in our current location for another five weeks and then we're off to start our new adventure.  One thing I am super happy about:  I will have a room above grade for sewing and crafting! 

I did fit a bit of stitching in with all the craziness going on in May.  I completed two more blocks in my Stitcher's Alphabet:  'L' is for Lace  and 'M' is for Measure.  Don't you just love that cute little mouse?


I am now officially half way done!


One of my larger works in progress is 'VintageChristmas' by Country Cottage Needleworks.  I started it before Christmas last year, but with the holiday hoop-la I didn't finish.  Why I thought I could I have no idea!  I put in a few more stitches before we went away and I think I am almost half way done at this point:


The day after we sold our house I spent the entire day sewing up a new cushion cover.  This is a pattern from Bustle and Sew - I think 2012 sometime.  I still need to work on my free motion machine embroidery:  I think perhaps using a hoop might be helpful.  Any advice?


And there you have it, all the news from the magical month of May.  Thank you all so much for visiting and your kind words.  I am hoping to catch up on all my blog reading today.

Until next time,
Happy Days!

xo Jenn

5 comments:

The House with the Blue Door said...

Congratulations on selling your house, and how exciting to have your own sewing room in the new one! I hope all goes smoothly for you. Your cross-stitches are looking great.
Cathy x

Carol said...

That is exciting news that your home sold quickly, Jenn, and that you found a new home you both like! Wonderful to have your very own craft and sewing room, too. I probably could convert one of my sons' old rooms into one, but the light upstairs isn't as good as my sunroom on the first floor, so that is where I tend to work. The downside is having to tidy it up each day!

Nice progress on the stitching alphabet. I think the M square is the cutest one yet! Such pretty colors in Vintage Christmas; I'm sure you enjoy stitching that piece.

Best of luck with your move! I'm sure you'll be relieved when you're all settled in in your new home :)

Robin in Virginia said...

Happy to hear your house sold and even happier to hear that you have found a new house to move into. What super items you have completed and/or worked on during May. Thinking of you!

Justine said...

Congratulations on selling your house and finding another one so quickly - great news! You've been making some gorgeous things as always, I love the fun cushion cover and that beautiful stitchers' alphabet. I have Vintage Christmas in my stash too, it's one of my favourites.

Brigitte said...

What you write about the house selling and buying sounds so exciting. Great to know that you found a house that is right after your taste in a town that sounds and looks good for you. And having your own crafting room will be like paradise. I know what I'm talking about - I never need to put he sewing machine away, I can leave my scraps of fabric lying around until I'm done with the sewing or until I can't see them any longer, lol.

It doesn't surprise me that your star quilt was so well received. It's such a beauty and I wish I could sew such a quilt myself. And that new cushion is a great addition to your home, just right for this time of the year.

Nice progress on all your stitching projects. I particularly love the M for measure, or for mouse, just what you prefer :) And your Christmas piece will certainly be finished by Christmas.

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like