I have had few pieces from the thrift stores around for a while that I wanted to 'do-over' for some time now. I found this sewing box on my birthday and fell in love with its shape. I just didn't like all that brown!
I tried chalk paint again; this time in the softest pink:
I am thinking this might make a good home for my sewing charms or overdyed threads.
Another brown wooden box in the form of a tea box. More chalk paint in ivory, with some vintage looking scrapbook paper and she's a much better fit for my kitchen. (Sorry for the blurry photo!)
I didn't paint the inside because I never seem to be able to get good coverage in the corners . Unless you spray, which I didn't want to do because I will be storing tea bags in here. This would be cute for storing so many things really, like cake decorating stuff, or sewing supplies... I might just have to go look for another box!
A few years ago I was gifted some tea, but once I finished it I couldn't bring myself to put the tins in the recycling bin. They were such a nice size and the lids fit really well; it seemed a shame to get rid of them. After I found this scrapbook paper and chalk labels two weeks ago, I knew exactly what they were going to become:
I do wish my Mod Podge wasn't so glossy, but all in all it's probably for the better as these will be stored in the kitchen. Now I just need to make a loose tea order from my favourite tea company and I will be all set!
I know I said I put down my hooks on the weekend, but since I just finished these potholders I thought I would put them in. I thought some pastel winter decorations might be nice for my kitchen this year: they work so well with my new tea cannisters!
I used Bernat cotton yarn in robin's egg; and a pink, nubbly baby cotton that I can't remember the brand. The white cotton is also from Bernat, and is one of their holiday yarns with a thin strand of silver woven in. The pattern can be found HERE. It's very easy and in two evenings you can have it all done.
Thanks for visiting!