Happy September 1! I hope you all had a great summer. Ours was good: we were lazy; enjoyed the sun; got away for a bit. This is our last week off before school starts and I think we are all more than ready for a regular routine to start again.
I love summer, but it's not exactly a productive time for me. I am learning, so this year I did not make any lists and just let things coast along. If I made something: great! If I didn't complete something: no problem! Now that the weather is shifting I feel like I'm back in the game, and have set myself on an autumn themed crafting course. It's been wonderful to fill my evenings (and a few days!) with stitching and sewing again.
I wanted a door wreath for September, but I didn't want any acorns or colourful leaves or pumpkins on it. Last April in Bustle and Sew there was a lovely embroidery of a fox and flowers mounted in a hoop. I love it as is, but as soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to make it into a wreath similar to the rabbit pattern that was published the year before. I enlarged the pattern and cut everything out from felt.
Everything is glued onto a wooden hoop that I stained and now graces our new front door.
Also from Bustle and Sew is the Appley Dappley Cushion Cover (September 2014).
The machine embroidery on this one gave me no end of trouble yesterday, but I persisted and finally got everything stitched on.
Here are two small stitching projects I worked on over the weekend:
The little pillow is a French design from le Chalet des Perelles. She has another cute apple design I think I will add to my list as well.
The sweet little toadstools are a free design I found a while ago, but I can't find the designer for it. It's a scissor fob that I finished flat as opposed to making it into a little pillow.
I am expecting some more autumn themed cross stitch charts in the mail this week and can't wait to get started! I also have plans for s stuffed fox and a few more free motion machine embroideries if everything cooperates.
I will show you one project I finished over the summer. This was another long-time-in-finishing project that I eventually christened the "Forever Project".
I made this quilt using fabric from men's shirts. Some I thrifted, some once belonged to Mr. Crafty World. The backing is a sheet I bought because it reminded me of shirting fabric. Now that this project is finished I have to say it will be a while before I start another quilt! I was happy to cross this off my WIP list for sure.
Until next time thanks for visiting!