Friday, February 6, 2015

Makes

Last weekend I had a bit of a crafting fest and it was fan-tastic!  I love it when I can spend hours and hours stitching and crafting and making away.  The only problem is you start to expect those crafting hours to continue into the week, and when they don't you feel a bit of a letdown!
I am hoping to complete Brooke Nolan's Stitcher's Alphabet this year.  I thought if I could stitch two blocks per month, I would be finished in just over a year.  February 1 I put the last stitch into January's allotment:


My goodness but I had problems with the 'A' block!  I had a hard time seeing the ecru threads on the ecru fabrics, so I could really only stitch this during sunny days.  I also had to rip out a good portion of the stitching twice.  Ugh, not fun.  I don't think I will be able to manage two blocks this month as there is quite a bit of Valentine stitching I want to do.  As long as I make some progress this month I will be happy.

Next up was some more fun stitching from Bustle and Sew magazine.  The little felt dog in the February issue reminded me of our own Libby so much I had to stitch my own version.  I left off the patches and made the ears pointy and the tail stubby.  I painted on a few spots and freckles like Libby has and gave her a flowered pink party hat.



This version won't mind sitting with me in the basement while I sew!

I also stitched the little needle book with the Bustle and Sew logo on it.


I am enjoying the free hand embroidery very much, but I can definitely use some practice!

Thank you so much for visiting and your lovely comments on my last few makes.  It's nice to know I'm not just 'talking' into a void!

Have a wonderful weekend: only one more week until Valentine's Day!  I really must get my decorations up...

1 comment:

Brigitte said...

That'a a nice alphabet that you started. And you have been so creative making this little sweet felt dog and the needlebook. Both are great finishes.

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like