Thursday, April 17, 2014

Getting Ready for Easter

Decorations have finally been put up:


These were the first Easter decorations I ever made for my own abode and they are still my favourite.

Eggs have been coloured:


So nice to open the carton everyday and be greeted by all the colours!

Sugar Bunnies have been made for tea:


Hot Cross Buns were made:


This was my second time making these and they turned out really well.  I just have to remember next time that if I want them as an after-school snack, 2 pm is much too late of a start!

I also finished a scarf that has been in the works since last Spring:


I should have blocked it but I was too impatient.  (Really?  After taking a whole year I was too impatient to wait another 24 hours?  Such is the landscape of my mind, my friends.)
I will call it my Easter scarf and perhaps wear it to church tomorrow or on Sunday.  Really it's called the 'Violet Points' scarf by Annette Petavy.  I found it on Ravelry and it is a free pattern available here.

What got me was the French name:  'Echarpe Pointes Violettes'.  I had just purchased the yarn - a lovely mohair-linen blend in a beautiful, smoky violet - and we were about to head off for France for three weeks. I thought it would make a lovely vacation project.  I think I completed half of it in France and then it got put away in the cupboard until two weeks ago.  I know this happens to just about every other crafter out there so I don't need to explain further.  Perhaps I should call it the 'Echarpe Pointes Violettes de Paques' (Violet Points Easter) scarf.

Here is a better picture of the colour:


It's a really lovely smoky gray-violet.  It will work well both in the Spring and Fall.  I made it longer than the pattern called for because I wanted to use up as much yarn as possible.  I bought two skeins and used one per side with minimal left overs.  The yarn is KidLin by Louet.  It is a lace weight and I believe it has been discontinued.

So I feel ready for Easter this year.  Yesterday I put together the Easter baskets and am happy with what's inside.  I will make a dessert on Sunday to have after Mr. Crafty World's fabulous dinner.
I am glad I feel so prepared:  this morning while doing the completely normal movement of sitting up in bed to see what time it was I pulled many muscles in my back and therefore am not good for much today.  I can sit to practice the piano, but I cannot lay down or I have a hard time getting up again.  I can bend down, but I cannot twist around. I have done my piano practice; updated my blog; made some lavender Earl Grey tea and now I think I will see how long I can sit and crochet while catching up on 'Mad Men'.  Don't feel too sorry for me:)

Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Brigitte said...

It seems you were well prepared for Easter with the eggs, the sugar bunnies and the buns. And you even have an Easter scarf. So I hope you are having a great Easter Sunday today.

mrs. smythe said...

Hope your back is feeling better! Loved the Easter pics. Did you really make those sugar bunnies? Wow! And the scarf is lovely.

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like