Wednesday, March 27, 2013

March Makes

I finished off a few more works in progress the last part of March.  I still have a fair pile of WIP's mind you, but I'm happy to have something to show.

These needlebooks were a long time coming.  I have been working on these forever!  I have since added a running stitch down the side of the spine, but this picture is much better.  It also took me forever to decide which one I wanted to keep: in the end I opted for the purple and yellow one because they are my favourite colours.


Next up is a little hedgehog from Helen's Bustle and Sew newsletter.  I have been subscribing for a couple of years now, but this is the first thing I have made.  He is made from a thrifted sweater and wool sport coat that I felted.  His eyes are agate beads.


And finally I crocheted the Windowpane scarf  - a free pattern available on Ravelry - with some pretty Malabrigo yarn.  I have never crocheted with such a fine yarn so it was a bit of a challenge at first.  It wasn't so bad and now I have two more scarves in the works using lace-weight fibres.



I have done no cross stitch this year for Easter at all.  This time last year I remember I was stitching up a storm.  I think the fact that March has been so cold and Easter is early this year is the reason I have no  real excitement for the holiday.  Usually it's my favourite time of year but this year I don't even have the decorations up yet!  I did put a wreath on the door a couple of weeks ago, but it fell off and broke and since then nothing has replaced it. If Time would just slow down a little bit I would really appreciate it:)
Next week I'm celebrating a birthday:  one of those "Big ___-0" ones.  I'm excited!  Birthdays are like my New Year and I get all ambitious and eager for things to come.  Hopefully by then Spring will have decided to arrive and then there will be extra good feelings all around.

Have a wonderful Easter - I hope the Easter Bunny is good to you:)

No comments:

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like