Sunday, September 23, 2012

September 23, 2012

A few fall things.

It's taking me much longer to get my stitched pieces finished off than I anticipated, so I only have two to show today.
The first design was a freebie by Nouveau Encore Designs.  I was just at the site and it appears it is no longer available, but there are still some lovely free charts there.  What I like about the designs are that they have a very French feel to them.  The designer, Stephanie, uses motifs from centuries old French samplers to make up her work.


My second finish is an excerpt from a design in a Cross Eyed Cricket booklet called 'Falling Leaves'.


My baking attempt the other day at pumpkin scones was a success.  I tweaked a recipe I found here to come up with my own version that has an apple cider glaze.  I had one (okay two) fresh from the oven with some maple spiced coffee and it was de-lish!  They certainly didn't last very long.


Enjoy your day!

No comments:

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like