Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May 2, 2012



I just made Banbury Cakes for the first time.  I can say it's in response to the power marathon watching of all four seasons of Lark Rise to Candleford.



 We could not get enough of the series, which I think should be voted Best Series Ever.  I am even going to say it's better than Downton Abbey.  If you haven't seen it and love this kind of historical fiction on screen, you need to watch it.  The stories are good and the characters are just wonderful.  There is not one that I did not like.

Anyway, all the mention of Banbury Cakes, Victoria Sponge and various tea cakes got me in the mood for a little British baking.  I googled a few recipes to see just what they are:  butter, honey, spices, currants and candied orange peel stuffed inside little rounds of puff pastry. Very easy if you have pre-rolled frozen puff pastry.  They are seriously good; just right with a cup of Yorkshire Gold tea.  I am not going to say how many a batch made, because then I would have to admit just how many I ate when they came out of the oven.  (It was a lot)


I tested out one of my new shopping bags today and was very happy with it.  It holds a lot and is so bright and colourful.  I felt very eco/artsy!

No comments:

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like