Friday, January 6, 2012

First Finish

While the lead-up to Christmas ended up being more stressful than I had planned on, the after part has been wonderful.  The kids are off school until Monday, so it has been a full two weeks of time at home just hanging around. I think My Favourite Boy has logged more days in his pyjamas than not.   I didn't take the decorations down for the longest time, in part because it just felt wrong to do it while the kids were still home; but also because I was really enjoying the extended holiday season.  I have had a few occasions to play around with my sewing machine; I started a few little things and even got a quilt top pieced together that has been sitting in the closet for a few months.  I can't estimate a finishing time on it yet because I have to buy backing fabric for it.
A project that I did get done is the Big Project.  Yes, Amy will get her wedding gift before her first anniversary!  I have worked like gang busters on it the past few days and all of a sudden I had a completed blanket on my hands.  I am really proud of this one, so you will have to look at a lot of pictures!  This is my very first blanket:


Full Frontal Blanketness


Up close with all those open fan shapes


Doesn't it look nice on my couch?



Doesn't it look nice in my basket on the hearth next to the stone surround?  A perfect combination I would say!


It even goes well with the blue couch in the living room :)

This is going to be very hard to let go of, but at least I know it's going somewhere nice. 
 What's a wedding if you don't get a crocheted afghan?  No one can laugh later at the colour combination either - ecru stands the test of time, just like white appliances :)  

I am happy to be finished; most notably because it's 6 months over-due, but also because I want to get to work on something else.  What, I'm not exactly sure, but perhaps something with lots of colour.  I have a stash of yarn in the cupboard just waiting to be used.  The biggest challenge is finding the right fit between stash and idea!


No comments:

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like