Friday, December 9, 2011

Slow Day

I'm being so pokey today.  I haven't done much but upload some pictures and scout away on the internet for useful things.  For once I don't feel too guilty, because I have been productive lately.  I filled the freezer with chicken recipes.  I have almost completed my Christmas shopping.  I have been sewing.  In two days I started two sewing projects and finished them both!  Mr. Crafty has commented three times in the last week on my habit of having many projects on the go: I guess it must be getting to him.  Perhaps it's the fact that there's a partially refinished china cabinet in the garage where his car is supposed to be.  Maybe he's jealous that my life has so much more variety than his.  Who knows.

Anyway, back to those projects.  A few years ago I accumulated some wool sweaters and ran them all through the wash to felt them.  So they sat in the basement until I decided to make something.  I have seen cute little stuffed owls all over the internet in the last year and wanted to make one for My Favourite Girl.  I ended up with this colourful  owl and sweet sleeping owlet:


For My Favourite Boy I made a soft stegosaurus out of blue polar fleece.  Again, started and finished in one day!  So proud of myself :)


He will make a great companion to this (very dirty) t-rex I made last year.  I think My Favourite Boy will be pleased.


I have to say it's so much nicer to sew upstairs where there is some natural light.  If I had done these projects in the basement there would have been many breaks for tea and email checking, etc.  The only downside is I have to completely clean up my mess when I'm done!

I have also been doing a bit of crochet: working on some holly leaves during My Favourite Boy's karate class and the Big Project after supper.




I'm almost half-way done the main part, and then there will be edging.  Or maybe not!

For the rest of my pokey day I hope to make some lip balm for My Favourite Girl.  Her lips crack terribly in the winter and I want her to have something nourishing on her lips.  I found a few recipes this morning on the internet, along with a recipe for home made laundry soap I might give a try again.  It's been years since I made it last, but I think I still have all the stuff.  I have the time to make it anyway!  
I might pop over to the library and pick up a craft book they have on hold for me: that will make for a fun afternoon's entertainment.  Supper will be left-overs so I don't have to worry about that.  So, for today life is good.  

P.S.  I found out last night that I did not get the wedding coordinator job at our church.   To be honest I'm not terribly disappointed; it was good to get my resume dusted off and have to stretch my brain again  to promote myself in cover letters.  Since then I have applied at two more places and time will tell.  Nothing is going terribly quickly around here lately so I am waiting patiently for once.  

1 comment:

Yvonne@StyleBurb said...

Hi Jenn,

I'm getting caught up on your blog. I admire your generosity of spirit towards the new wedding co-ordinator.
I also admire those cute little sweater owls!

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like