Yesterday I finally got the gumption to put one together and here's how I did it:
Step one was to use a hack saw to cut the top off the dial soap container. Yes, I did remember to empty the container first! I then trimmed the cut off piece so it would fit underneath the jar lid.
I wanted to cut a hole in the top of the jar lid big enough for the threaded part of the dial soap container to fit into. I used my 3/4 inch spade bit, but as you can see it didn't really work out!
A good rummage around the garage and I found some clear silicone. I put a goodly amount on the area around the threaded spout of the plastic Dial container; then I put some around the top to make it water tight and to cover the sharp edges!
The hardest part was waiting for the silicone to dry! After about four hours it was dry enough I could put it all together and add the soap I took out the Dial container in the first place. Obviously using clear soap in a clear jar and photographing it against a white wall isn't the best choice, but I was too impatient to wait until I had better props!
Here are a few snapshots of other things I have done lately:
Fall window boxes for my house:
Pumpkin Spice Whoopee Pies:
Cupcakes for a birthday party with a New York theme:
Halloween cookies made by my two monkeys!