Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter; Earth Day, and a looooonng finish!

I have been a busy craft bunny lately and loving it!

I stitched this cute Homespun Elegance design called "Delivering Easter".  I left the background stitching off and added some blades of grass at the bottom.  It was a quick, fun stitch.  I finished it off as a standing ornament as best I could.  My engineering skills could definitely use some work!



Next is something that has been in the works for 3 years!!  To tell you I did a happy dance last night when the last stitch was put in is an understatement!


I can only show you a portion of it because it is a gift.  I will show all of it once it has been gifted.  The reason it took so long to do, is that the designs are stitched on 40 count fabric over one thread.  I'm a 28 count girl through and through, and for "special" I'll do 32 count.  I rarely stitch over one thread so to do it on 40 count was really stretching it for me!  I had to buy a magnifying glass to stitch this, and it was really hard to get over stitching inertia when I had put it away for a while.  Hence: three years to complete!

My Favorite Girl is part of an environmental club at school, so I made her this t-shirt to wear for Earth Day:


Of course, I had to make one for My Favorite Boy as well:



Thanks for visiting:  have a great day!

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

He is SO CUTE! Great finish Jenn :o)

Omigosh, how are you not blind???? I can definitely see why it took you so long to complete. It's gorgeous and I'm sure the recipient will treasure it.

Love the t-shirts :o)

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like