Sunday, October 10, 2010

Thrifty Halloween Feather Wreath

I have seen feather wreaths around quite a bit lately, and after a trip to the dollar store was inspired to create my own.  All supplies - excluding the wreath form, because I already had it - cost five dollars! You could easily use a coat hanger here for the ring because you don't see it.


 It was super easy to make too:


 Secure the end of the feather boa to the metal wreath form with tape.  I used electrical tape because it matches the feathers.  Then just wrap the boa around the wreath form and secure the end with more tape.  I used two feather boas for this project; each one cost two dollars.  The wreath form is twelve inches in diameter.

That part took about two minutes, then I decorated.  At first I thought about putting my silver, glittery skulls all around the wreath:


...but then decided that I just wanted one to suspend from the center with invisible thread. 

 Here it is on the back of my door, but you can see the back of my rectangular autumn wreath:


...so here it is against a plain background:


I'm glad I didn't glue the skulls onto the feathers, because it will let me switch it up next year to a glittering pumpkin, bat or spider.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!! I get such great ideas from you Jenn :o)

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like