Saturday, October 2, 2010

Grandma Called.....

...she wants her curtains back.  Oh I couldn't resist that one :)

Well I'm finished!  I started painting  Monday night and had my curtains sewn and hung by Thursday.  I would have to say this is the quickest 'make-over' I have ever done.  I love it, despite the protests of my aching, creaky body over the last week.  My "Before" pictures are not so great.  Our days have been gloomy, necessitating the use of the overhead light:


The walls were green before: it's a funny green (Castleton Mist by Benjamin Moore)- I really liked it.  Sometimes it was bright and fresh, other times it looked like the color of split pea soup.  Like I said, I liked it and so did Mr. Crafty World, but nobody else did.  Whenever they saw the color they said "huh!"  Now normally I wouldn't care, but Our Crafty World is not one that hangs around for too long in any given place, so sometimes we just have to decorate for potential buyers.  I figured I would rather do the re-painting now, when I was inspired to, than when we get a posting message.  ( I don't know when that is going to be by the way)  I also felt that nothing else in the room was working with this funny, changeable green.  It had its own vibe and things weren't keeping up.


 Now things are so much brighter with my Sherwin Williams 'Creme' paint (color matched by Home Hardware of course!):


I would like to get an all-cream quilt or duvet for the bed and use what's on it now as an accent quilt folded at the foot of the bed.  I think it will calm things down even more.


I got over my curtain fabric panic.  They are kind of old lady looking, but then again I like old lady stuff.  I hope to be one myself some day.  They kind of remind me of bark cloth.  They are also 100% cotton, so if I decide in a few years that I want them lightened up, I can always put them in a light bleach bath.


One of these days I plan on painting that bookshelf white.  That will be quite a while though as I have a ton of projects lined up.  The chair could also use a snuggly ivory throw or something.

So that's it: the Total Bedroom Makeover done and dusted.  I guess I can't call it totally done over, since really I just changed the wall color and curtains, but it feels totally different!

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

WOW! That is a true transformation :o) I do like the lighter color and I agree with you on the duvet idea.

Btw, I LOVE the vacuum lines in the carpet ;o)

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like