Saturday, September 4, 2010

Summer Reading Program and Beyond...

Every year I sign my kids up for the local library's Summer Reading Program.  It's a great way to keep them reading over the summer and insures regular library visits.  Little prizes for reading achievements are a bonus too!


Our Favourite Girl has her favorites:


Our Favourite Boy read a lot from these old school readers:


They combine bright, vintage pictures with the word count of grade one chapter books to keep both of us happy.

I ended up reading a lot this summer myself.  I read quite a few mysteries and historical novels, and branched out into new sections of the library.  
One of the best things about reading a lot is that you want to read more.  I don't want to stop just because summer is over and the library program has wrapped up.  I decided to reward myself with a lovely box full of books from Bookcloseouts.  Their prices are quite fantastic so I didn't break the bank with this:


I shall be enjoying myself over the next few months I think...

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

It's good to see children reading. I always enjoyed it as a kid and still do :o)

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like