Thursday, September 16, 2010

Feeling Fall-ish

It's been a couple of grey days here.  The kind where everything seems grey; heck, I'm even wearing grey today.    Since I am almost finished the Garage Total Reorganization Project, I decided to take yesterday off and go thrifting.  It wasn't a banner day for it, but I did come home with this painting:


Normally I wouldn't go for something with so much orange in it, but I just fell in love with it, right there in Goodwill. The frame was dark brown until this morning, when I painted it a light gray.  I like it better this way: it doesn't hem the picture in so much and takes away that 70's feel.  For now it's living in my family room over the fireplace, but I'm not sure where its permanent home will be.

Last night I was exploring some new blogs, mostly about decorating, when I came across this site - Thrifty Decor Chick, and was inspired by this post.  I made a quick trip to the dollar store this morning for some leaves and foam-core, and now I have this on my front door:


I used maple leaves only, and I wanted them to be bright, to counteract the grey skies we get.  I'm happy with it.  It took longer than I thought it would, and I have an awful lot of hot glue burns on my fingers!  I can see that the berries need to go though.  Either that or add more.  It's funny how photographing something shows you things you didn't see "in real life".  

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Patty C. said...

Wonderful find - congrats :)

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a great wreath!

Pumpkin said...

I agree, the gray frame is much better :o)

LOVE the fall wreath!!!! What a great idea.

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like