Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Summer Work

There's nothing like impending company to get your house in order.  And when it's your Mum, well, let's just say I have been busy this week.  A few weeks ago I thought I wasn't going to kill myself trying to get the house tidied up, after all it is summer and it has been quite a while since the last tidy, so really it will be a lot of work to get things back on track.  I would just do a skim-coat clean so to speak.  I'm not sure how it works, but such skim-coat cleaning often ends up in full-scale house warrior mode, because suddenly it's immensely important that baseboards that haven't been put on yet be put on, and basements still recovering from being turned upside down need to be set to rights: this week. The simple act of decluttering my kitchen counter top ended up taking a meandering path to completion, yet one of the perks of that was getting these made:


Dilled carrots.  Mr. Crafty World and I loved these as kids.  Lets hope we still do because I made six jars!

My basement still looked like I was preparing for a garage sale, even though I had a garage sale two weeks ago.  Stuff got hauled out, thrown out and now it's really starting to look nice down there.  I have been wanting to put some of the more special pieces of art by the kids up on the walls and this pressure to get my act together finally made me do it.



Today I will finally take the computer out of the spare room and make it a nice place to rest; and tomorrow I'll re-acquaint myself with my dust rag.  I will not look at my to- list and the things not yet done, because it really doesn't matter.  I have at the very least stirred up some stagnant energy around here and made a few positive changes. Those baseboards aren't on but the touch-up painting is done!  By tomorrow night I will be happily expecting my Mum and looking forward to the few days she is here before another vacation starts.  My crafting space is in a much better state than before (although not quite picture ready!), and I'm hoping for a little bit of mother-daughter-grandchildren crafting time.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

Don't work too hard in this heat. I'm sure your mom is there to see you and not the state of your house ;o)

Dilled carrots? Never heard of them.

Have a great visit with your mom :o)

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like