Thursday, June 24, 2010

Simple Pleasures

I decided to join Felicity's "Simple Pleasures Challenge".  Of course after I did I realized that ideally I should post everyday, in the spirit of the challenge.  However, I know I won't post everyday, but I am still going to enjoy a simple pleasure everyday - you'll just have to take my word for it.  But don't worry, I'm very good to myself in case in you haven't noticed :)
Just to catch up, a few simple pleasures I have enjoyed over the last few days:


Finding a few pretties on my Tuesday thrifting adventure.


Watching a period drama chick-flick mini series with no male influence around to scoff or feign interest.  I stayed up late to watch the final two episodes and went to bed with a dreamy smile on my face. I just love a good romance.  *Sigh*  Then I got the book from the library to get the whole story....


Catching up on some reading.  I really love the UK Country Living magazine.  The photographs are fantastic.
I was a little irked with a story in the May issue though, when a woman (English, moved to Canada 10 years ago with husband ) whose apartment they were showcasing claimed that "No one in Canada would put plates on the wall - it's a very CL (Country Living) idea!"  Who knew we were so clueless when it comes to stuff like that?


And finally, baking an old-fashioned dessert in an old-fashioned apron.  This bread pudding is made with dried apricots and is very good.  Although, I think this is the first bread pudding I have ever eaten so I don't have any comparison to make.  It tasted good though, and the kids don't like it so it's up to me to eat it :)

2 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

I too am doing Felicity's challenge. Please to meet you.
The Bread pudding looks interesting, I usually make it with apple
Julie xxxxxxxxxx

Pumpkin said...

They all look like simple pleasures to me :o)

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like