Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!


I hope this day finds you relaxing and surrounded by lovely things, as mine is so far !  Another special occassion done and almost dusted as they say.  This year was good;  I was able to make a few more decorations for our Valentine Vignette.  Not as much as what I had hoped, but that's usually the case all the time anyway!  I had talked about making the heart bunting I saw on Sew Mama Sew; and I did that, but I changed it to two vertical hanging decorations instead.  We must have symmetry don't you know!

I also made some felt treat bags for the kids; something to hold a few candies and these cute little dogs I found at the dollar store.  I have had the pattern for weeks and weeks, and last night at 9:30 decided it was a good time to start!  The patterns are from Betz White's Etsy shop.  Next year I hope to make her cute little mice and hedgehogs.

I know that no matter how much I decorate and sew for each special occassion, it's stuff like this:


...that my kids will remember.  Long after the treats and toys the kids will remember the pink heart shaped pancakes!  Really I could save myself so much work if I just stuck to the pancakes.
The kids weren't the only lucky ones around here.  I got this beautiful bouquet of gerberas:


(Thank-you!!!!!)
... and a lovely necklace made by My Favorite Girl.  I have tried all morning to take a picture of it but it just isn't turning out.  Anyway, it's made up of red seed beads and a pink rose quartz heart bead.  She worked very hard on it and I am honored to call it mine.

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

Jenn, I always love coming to your Blog and seeing what you've done and again, you have not disappointed :o) I love the little bags you made for the kids and I can't believe you got those sweet puppies at the dollar store! I checked out Betz's site and I have to agree, her mice and hedgehogs are ADORABLE! Glad you had a nice Valentine's Day :o)

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like