Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Normal Day

Today I got a break from "basement business". This is what my sewing space looks like now:


An improvement from the last photo, no? I moved all that stuff out, including all the framing. Yes, I'm going to tell you that again! So now I get to resume my normal activities until everything is framed and drywalled, etc. I can't believe how happy I was to be able to go grocery shopping today!

In addition to the errands I ran today, I stepped into the thrift store. First time in a month, so that's pretty good! I found a few vintage treasures, and some lovely cotton floral sheets that will be turned into pretty pyjamas for myself.


The book has a bookplate on the inside, saying it was given as a prize in Sunday school in 1911. I started to read some of it and I think I'm going to like it. The beads are a delicious shade of pink - I can't wait to wear them. Of course I couldn't pass up on the china posies. The container is shaped like a basket in aqua glaze. I think it's a fine addition to my collection:

After I got home the weather got nasty:


I spent the rest of my afternoon looking in some cross stitch magazines I also found at the thrift store. Now it's off to pick up My Favorite Boy from school.

A lovely normal day indeed.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

Holy cow! Now that's a transformation ;o)

Great finds! I'm on a no budget for the next little while so no fun trips to the antique shop for me :o(

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like