Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Heart and a Make-over

Yesterday was such a lovely day. It was sunny and bright; I had the house all to myself and I sewed! I made this little patchwork heart out of some of my favorite fabrics, a snippet of vintage linen and a few different embroidery stitches. I put lavender and polyfil inside. This is the front:



And this is the back:
Over Christmas I sprayed some dogwood branches white and had them displayed in my dining room. I figured they would look nice with hearts dangling from the branches for Valentines Day. I have a few glass ornaments on the branches, and now this can go on them. I would take a picture of my little heart "tree", but the sideboard in the dining room is crowded with boxes from the basement so a nice picture really isn't possible at the moment!
I also started a project I have been wanting to do for a while now. I purchased this magazine holder years ago from the dollar store. It has held baby teethers and toys; board books and library books for My Favorite Boy. Once one of my kids stepped in it and broke through the interior lining it became my chair-side catch for stitching supplies.
Last summer I found a lovely rosy cotton pillowcase and some pink and white striped sheets at the thrift store, and yesterday they came together (with a bit of white craft paint!) to make my pretty, new stitching catch-all!




Ooohhh! I'm just so happy with it. I think it needs to be in a more prominent place than tucked away beside my chair! I think those two fabrics were made for each other, and I'm glad I used them for this.
It's a long weekend for the kids so who knows what we'll be up too. I'm sure a couple of crafts will be in the mix, and maybe a movie at the theatre too. Have a great weekend.


4 comments:

BeckySC said...

I just love your transformations :) You go girl!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty; I love your fabric choices!

Pumpkin said...

Sweeeeet! I have one of those holders but I don't think mine is that big. Yours looks much nicer with the facelift ;o)

Anonymous said...

Love your description of kindergarten. So true! So well written. One of your best posts yet.
Mum

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like