Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sweet Morning Work

My Favorite Boy and I have been very productive today. We've been measuring:



...and mixing:

...and shaping:




...to come up with these cute little hedgehog cookies, as seen in Country Woman magazine. I think it was the Sept./Oct. issue. After a taste-sample, they were declared the "best cookies ever". Such comments are always welcome in my kitchen, until the next good thing comes out of the oven!





It was so nice and sunny in our kitchen we didn't stop there. We made some yummy granola
bars, and spread them with left-over melted chocolate. These have a bit more substance than the ones full of rice cereal you buy at the store.




In an attempt to use up some lemons left-over from our bout with 'flu, I made some lemon bars. I really love these, and I only wish I had enough eggs to make a double batch of filling to put over the top. They are so lemon-y and butter-y. Whoever thinks you can use margarine instead is just out to lunch in my opinion!


It was a nice way to spend the morning, my Favorite Boy and I. We will be stocked up on sweets for a few days anyway.

It's a good thing I had this for lunch.

Have a nice day!

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

Those hedgies are SO cute! Do you know if the recipe is on the internet?

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like