Tuesday, June 2, 2009


I've been puttering along for over a week now at home, and I'm starting to get that crabby feeling from not making anything. Last week I thought it would make so much sense to rearrange the shelves in my crafting space, only to have it turn into a full-blown re-organizing/decluttering/cleaning project that still isn't done. I should have known better.


Now that June is here with all its end-of-school/term events and preparations I'm realizing how little kiddie-free time I've got left. I have been meaning to paint the downstairs doors for a while now, but as I'm using oil paint I have to do it when the kids aren't around. This morning I finally got started, and it didn't go so badly. They will look so much better and once I've done it I can forget about it. I did the first coat on three doors today so I only really have another three hours of work and it's finished.
While I was painting I came up with some other decoration solutions for the house, and have drafted up a list of the other things I need to get done on my free Tuesdays and Thursdays. Here's hoping I actually get them done!


I had my last ballet class last night. I used to refer to Monday night's class as my weekly dose of humiliation, and I was bound and determined never to sign up again. Here I am at the end of my second session, and I'm planning on signing up for the summer session. Did I suddenly get better and understand all the terminology?

No.

Why am I doing it?

First of all it's the only thing that seems to really help my lower back, and I'm really enjoying the work-out I get.

Secondly, some new people have joined the class, and while I'm still the worst one there, the difference is only marginal. It's no longer just because of me that the teacher makes us repeat certain things. Now that's a good feeling!


I'll leave you with a recipe I found yesterday at Bakerella for Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie. Go see her blog if you haven't already; it's really amazing.

This went over really well with everyone last night, and it only took a few minutes to put together. I highly recommend eating it with ice cream!


Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie


1 unbaked 9-inch (4 cup) deep dish pie shell*
2 large eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup chocolate chips/chunks/morsels
1 cup chopped pecans ( I toasted mine: they always taste so much better that way)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Beat eggs in a large bowl until frothy.
Beat in flour, sugars and melted butter.
Stir in chocolate and nuts and pour into pie shell.
Bake for 55-60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Serve Warm.
*I used a 10 inch quiche pan because I was worried the filling might spill over my regular sized pie dish. I will use it again for this recipe because it made the pieces a bit thinner. That's actually a good thing because it's a very sweet pie.

No comments:

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like