Friday, June 5, 2009

A Few Pretties

I had a bit of luck today thrifting. These are the best of what I found. I'm very excited about the small porcelain flower bouquet: it was in a bag of absolute junk, all for $1.99. The carousel is for my favorite girl, but I need to replace the music box thing-y. They usually aren't too hard to find. I have been wanting to get her a carousel horse for a while: three years ago she had her first ride on an honest to goodness, old fashioned carousel in Bordeaux, France. It was one of those times when you can see absolute bliss on the face of your little ones. Ever since then I have had a thing for carousels. I guess it's a memory I love to have triggers for.
I finished my stinky oil painting and made some time for fun sewing. (As opposed to un-fun sewing, which usually involves some kind of mending). I spotted this pattern at Amy Butler's website; it's a freebie called "Sweet Greetings Portfolios". I always had it in mind to make for a child. I thought it was big enough to hold a coloring book but it's not. Over all it was a nice project to sew, though there are a few things I would do differently next time. I do plan on making another one, hopefully for a little girl who is having a birthday next week. If I can find some fabric with crowns on it I'll be all set. I just love this fabric though:

Here's how it looks open. I put a few little things from the dollar store in it (eraser, gel pens, stickers). Now it's on its way to a little girl I know. I hope she likes it!

The weather is gorgeous today; I hope it lasts most of the weekend. The World's Longest Street , Street Fair is tomorrow and I'm hoping we can get there. There is also gardening to do and paint samples to try out! Yes, I will be at it again, only no oil paint this time.

Our Favorite Girl has her year end dance revue this weekend, so that will take up the afternoons. I will be so glad when it's all over. We are watching the show on Saturday, and on Sunday I am volunteering backstage. We were at the dress rehearsal last night, and I had a good chuckle at all the little girls in their fluffy tutus and sparkly costumes. Six months of practicing and you would think some of them started two weeks ago! Oh well, it is entertaining to say the least.

Have a nice weekend!

No comments:

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like