Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter Baskets

This is what we woke up to the other day:



Can you believe it?! A day like that required one thing: spending the day sewing something pretty and springy. I cut up some of my charm pack squares (I think these ones are called "Spring Fling" by Me and My Sister designs) and pieced them together, not having any idea what I was going to do with it.
I really liked the soft Easter baskets in Tone Finnanger's Crafting Springtime Gifts book, and decided to try one out. I thought it turned out really swell. Please excuse the light; I only have fluorescent in the basement and didn't want to wait until tomorrow to take the picture. I figured it was so cute, and absolutely needed to belong to My Favorite Girl come Sunday. Since I can't leave My Favorite Boy out, I ran to the fabric store and picked up some fabric to make another one. It turned out a bit bigger and floppier for some reason, but it will do just fine to hold jelly beans and a chocolate bunny.
I also made some little carrot treat bags inspired by these ones on Bunny Cakes. I'm really happy with the way they turned out, and I'll put them on the kids plates at Easter dinner. Those are the old fashioned, candy sticks inside in case you're wondering.


Next on the sewing agenda are a pink lamb and brown bunny. Will I get them done in time for Easter? Stay tuned...

No comments:

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like