Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bag Lady

... would be a good title for me these days. I finished off two more bags I have been anxious to sew. The first is another bag from Tone Finnangers "Sew Pretty Homestyle" book, and it's exactly like the one I made for my aunt last year that she almost didn't get! I managed to find all the same fabric and made one for myself. I forgot to put my gorgeous, vintage burgundy rose on the handle; I'll have to edit the picture later. This is the fourth time I've made this type of bag and it's getting quicker each time. I'll probably make one more for someone else and then stop.



My second bag is my first attempt at (machine) quilting. I'm happy to report I didn't pucker anything! I made it using a charm pack I bought last year, with a pattern called "Charm Party Tote" by Penny Sturges.
I was really careful and tried not to rush, and it was worth it. It took me all day to sew it up yesterday but it made for a most enjoyable day. I had no intentions of keeping this bag; it was one of those projects I wanted to try out and then do a "for keeps" version for myself. I think this one will stay with me for a while. At least until I find another charm pack to use!
Here's the scrummy patchwork on the back.

Last night I was at the Creativ Festival. It was nice to go, but compared to other times I have gone it was a bit of a let down. A lot of vendors were not there, specifically the two I went looking for! A lot of vendors had also downsized their booths and there just didn't seem to be a lot of new and exciting things or any really great deals. I saw some beautiful charm packs of fabric, but they were always included in a quilt kit, which I don't want to get just yet. I picked up some fabric and a few things for card making, and some charm packs for my Big Project. I decided at 7:58 last night I was going to start it, and I had to make my way to the other end of the hall in order to get the supplies before 8:00. Funny how a creative impulse can make you hustle your derriere! I'll give you sneaky peeks about it over the next little while.

Today the weather is gorgeous so we plan on enjoying some outdoor time. Have a great weekend everybody!

No comments:

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like