Friday, March 13, 2009

Swan Song




I guess it's to be expected; nothing lasts forever. Especially when it's your favorite frou-frou, and it just happens to be in the way of a game of "fighting stuffed toys". Even though it's in your own bedroom, where there is a "no toys allowed" rule, I should have seen it coming. There was too much laughter; too much giggling, shouting and jumping; one loud cry, and a porcelain swan and flowers brought to me in pieces by two little, sorry hands. It's not fixable, at least in any way that will make it look good. So into the garbage it goes, with a lesson learned by two little ones and one mummy.
This was how I was imagining my dentist appointment to be yesterday. I didn't draw the picture, but I thought my Favorite Girl did a pretty good job of it, never having had a bad dental experience before. I love how the dentist looks like he has metal teeth, kind of like the guy named Jaws in an old James Bond movie. 'For Your Eyes Only' maybe? Not a good advertisement for a dentist. That could be me in the chair, all tense and wild-eyed. I don't freak out at the dentist really, I just really dislike going. You would think that would make me floss my teeth more, but no, it doesn't. Except for my last teeth cleaning visit, which was the first in two years. So this picture is a really good representation of that day. I floss my teeth every day now. And I get to those hard-to-reach places as much as possible. Yesterday wasn't so bad however. My dentist is really nice actually, and all went well yesterday. I just had to put the picture up.
I have been spring cleaning this last week. Since I had to move furniture to clean under it, I just figured why not change everything around? My kids and Mr. Crafty World think I'm crazy when I do it. My kids don't like it at all, and always insist I change it back. Usually I end up doing just that, but I always try to find the perfect fit for everything.
You can't mess with genes, and furniture-rearranging is in my genes. I come from a long line of furniture changers actually, on both sides of the family. How can you live with the same arrangement when you just don't have to? Changing furniture and pictures around creates good energy flow (along with the horrendous mess), and gives you a new perspective on things. Mainly that you have too much stuff and need to get rid of it, but it's nice to look at a view from a new vantage point don't you think? I used to like coming home from school and having my room changed around. Toys looked more interesting when they were stored somewhere new, and the bed always looked cozier. I expected my kids to feel the same way as I do, but they don't. I guess with all the big changes they've had in their little lives they just want a constant. Unfortunately, until I find the best place for each piece of furniture, they are not going to get it. At least not in furniture arrangement anyway.
Have a nice weekend!

No comments:

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like